Biosimilars in Polish healthcare: opportunities and barriers to development
An international research agency operating in the medical sector asked PMR for support in conducting qualitative research on biosimilar drugs. The project’s goal was to achieve a better understanding of this market segment – in particular, the opportunities and barriers to development in the near future, and gaining insight into market trends.
In order to answer our client’s research questions, PMR’s researchers (who have extensive experience in the medical sector) conducted in-depth TDIs with doctors and purchasing decision makers in Polish hospitals. During those interviews, we identified the key factors that influence the use of biosimilars, e.g. clinical, structural and financial factors.
Value for the client
As a result of the project, the client was able to get a full picture of biosimilars in the Polish market, gain a better understanding of the opportunities and threats in introducing the new product to market, and learned about the development paths of drugs that are already on the market.
The added value of this study was presenting the findings at an international conference.
- New product in the pharmaceutical market: in-depth interviews with pharmacists and consumers
- Clinical nutrition in Polish hospitals: analysis of the buying decision process
- Study among physicians on mobile applications as a form of gaining specialist knowledge
- Public and non-public hospital market in Poland
- OTC market in Poland
- Private healthcare market in Poland