Polish consumers and washing detergents – target group study before launching a new product into the Polish market
Chemical products manufacturer
Working on behalf of a global leader in the laundry detergents market, PMR conducted a qualitative survey on the consumer habits of Polish women. Prior to introducing a new product into the market our client wanted to know the habits and attitudes of female consumers associated with washing, their opinions on product categories and top brands, as well as to have a better understanding of the attitudes towards private labels in the laundry detergents segment.
We conducted focus group interviews with the target group - female consumers responsible for purchasing washing detergents in Polish households, who use leading brands in the Polish market.
PMR’s experience in recruiting respondents for B2C surveys contributed greatly to reducing the duration of the project.
Value for the client
PMR provided the client with a report together with recommendations, which include detailed information on the local markets and consumer habits.
The report included:
- female consumers’ attitude towards competing brands (including private labels)
- shopping habits
- purchasing process and price flexibility
- key motivators and barriers to purchase
- unmet needs
Thanks to these insight, the client gained a comprehensive knowledge of the local market, which they could use in planning business steps, creating an optimal marketing strategy and implementing their product into the Polish market.
- How to stay one step ahead of the competition: a regular study of consumer trends for a manufacturer of food ingredients
- Supporting the expansion of a discount clothing chain in Poland: store check study
- Customer flow observation in restaurants